It appears that Claire caught her first common cold. She woke up last night crying at 1:30 am, 4:30 am, 6:30 am, then for good around 7 am. That's the first time she has ever awakened in the middle of the night. Even when she was a newborn I had to wake her up to feed her. To make matters worse, I am also sick, so Andrew has been tending to the two of us. I've been dreading her first sickness for 4 months and a week now, so I guess I'm glad it is finally here so we can get over that fear. She doesn't have a fever, but she is congested and has a very runny nose and fills her diapers pretty quickly. We're keeping her hydrated and giving her Tylenol to feel better. I'm hoping tomorrow will show a vast improvement.
Here are some photos taken yesterday during a trip to Danville to see my family. My mom never dressed my sister and me in identical clothes growing up, but it is so adorable to see Claire and Alexandra in the same outfit. Here are some shots of them in their new dresses from Momma Mia (or Momma, we're not exactly sure what my mom's nickname will be).




Uncle Chris soothed Claire to sleep after several failed attempts by others (myself included.)

Last is a video taken last week of Claire and her new kicking that she loves to do.
3 comments:
What an active girl. We hope you are all feeling better soon.
Love,
Grandpa Brian
Hope you two get feeling better.
All our love
Amy and John
Uncle Chris definitely has the touch. Looks like Momma Mia is loving her little girls. Hope this note finds Claire and Momma feeling well again.
Love and kisses
Jill
Post a Comment