Monday, May 18, 2009

Enhanced Respect for Single Moms

While I have always respected single moms, that respect was enhanced this past weekend. Andrew was hovering the commode off and on for all of Saturday and some of Sunday. Needless to say, he didn't come within 10 feet of Claire or me all weekend. On top of feeding Claire every 2.5 to 3 hours, I did all of the burping and diaper changing. I also made my own meals, and did as much packing as I could squeeze in between the previously mentioned tasks. On Saturday I also took care of Molly and prepared Andrew's one meager meal. Yesterday, Andrew was able to take care of Molly some and make his own meals, but I'm exhausted. On top of the constant movement during the day, I wasn't able to sleep well at night because there isn't that much distance between our bed and the master bathroom. Andrew is feeling better today and thinks he can help with Claire when he gets back from work this afternoon. Yay!

1 comment:

Mills said...

Oh my word! BLESS YOUR HEART! Hope he is on the mend! When is the move date? Leased our home yesterday, and had an interview on Monday. . .still waiting to hear about a second one, though. Thinking of you ALL!