Friday, January 1, 2010

New Year, New Home

Andrew and I brought in the new year with champagne, a card game, a movie, and watching the ball drop on tv. Claire was not aware that you're supposed to sleep in on New Year's day, so she was up at 7:30am. I guess that wasn't too bad, but lead to our early nap at 9:45am.

Andrew and I are thrilled that with this new year, we'll be moving into a new (to us) home! It's a beautiful house still close to campus (0.5 miles to the science building) with plenty of space for us to grow. It is just over 2900 square feet with 5 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, a sun room, and a sauna. It has the charm of an older home that I was looking for, and the space and updates of a new home for which Andrew was searching. It is in a great neighborhood with children close in age to Claire, which I always wanted for myself as a child. We'll move in toward the end of March, around Claire's birthday. We were originally thinking the theme for Claire's first birthday might be puppies, but maybe it will be moving trucks.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

YOUR NEW HOUSE SOUNDS GREAT!
DOTTY

Mills said...

LOVED getting caught up on the blog! Your new home is amazing! Can't wait to see pics of the inside. Your pictures are great, and I think Miss Claire looks like your Momma!!!!!!!