Sunday, July 17, 2011

27 Weeks


This past week was pretty stressful involving lots of long hours at work, but now I should be able to relax a little more. My feet and hands have begun to swell. I hope I'll be able to wear my engagement ring a while longer. When I was pregnant with Claire I had to stop wearing my engagement ring at 33 weeks, but my wedding band is a half size larger, so I wore it until they wheeled me into the operating room for my c-section. I had a gestational diabetes test last Monday which I'm guessing returned good results because I haven't heard from anyone. I wasn't really worried anyway. I think Andrew and I are just destined to make big babies.

Weekly weight change = +2.0 lbs.
Total weight change = +26.5 lbs. (I have now surpassed my weight gain with Claire, but I also began this pregnancy about 5 lbs. lighter. With Claire I gained 26 lbs. I'm shooting for 35 or 40 lbs. this time around.)
My research students worked their last day with me on Tuesday. They did a fabulous job and as a thank you present, made for Paige onesies with her name spelled out in chemical elements. They did one for 0-3 mo, 3-6 mo, 6-9 mo, and 9-12 mo, so that she could wear it for her first year. What great students I have.

2 comments:

AE said...

The onesies are so fun! A testimony to your student's admiration for their professor!
Ann

Jill said...

See you soon. Yeah!