Claire and Paige were baptized this morning at Union Church in Berea, Kentucky by Rev. Kent Gilbert. The service was beautiful. Paige wore the christening gown of Andrew's great-grandfather, that Andrew also wore as a baby. Claire wore a dress made by Andrew's mom, Beth. Claire's smile turned into a frown when the water poured on her head. Paige had the same reaction, but Claire started to wipe away the water with a towel which made Paige smile again. It was so sweet. Andrew and I gave the girls a blessing and my mom had prepared one for them as well. There were few dry eyes in the sanctuary. When our reverend took Paige around for the congregation to see, I followed with Claire. Paige was wide-eyed and Claire didn't know what to think.
Claire Easterbrooks arrived on March 24, 2009. Paige Bradley arrived on October 6, 2011
Sunday, December 11, 2011
Claire and Paige's Baptism
Claire and Paige were baptized this morning at Union Church in Berea, Kentucky by Rev. Kent Gilbert. The service was beautiful. Paige wore the christening gown of Andrew's great-grandfather, that Andrew also wore as a baby. Claire wore a dress made by Andrew's mom, Beth. Claire's smile turned into a frown when the water poured on her head. Paige had the same reaction, but Claire started to wipe away the water with a towel which made Paige smile again. It was so sweet. Andrew and I gave the girls a blessing and my mom had prepared one for them as well. There were few dry eyes in the sanctuary. When our reverend took Paige around for the congregation to see, I followed with Claire. Paige was wide-eyed and Claire didn't know what to think.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Oh sweet, sweet girls! What a beautiful family moment.
How wonderful! Beautiful, treasured memories. I'm so glad that you had so many photos taken so we can share in the moment.
Ann
Post a Comment