Monday, November 10, 2008

Happy Birthday to Laura and Me

Today is my (and Laura's) 29th birthday. We had a great time celebrating this weekend. Alex and Laura listened in on my 8am Organic Chemistry lecture. Alex fell asleep, but Laura said she actually learned a few things. She said, "I learned that carbenes have no charge and long hairs." I corrected her by saying, "Not 'long hairs,' a 'lone pair.'" (Only the scientists will truly get that one.) Here's a photo of Laura and Alex.

After work, Andrew and I came home to open presents and spend quality time with Molly. I got some wonderful gifts: maternity clothes, gift certificates, bath items, earrings, a plush robe, CD by Keane, DVD ("Baby Momma"), and a cute onesie and blanket for Baby Garrett. We went to dinner at the Olive Garden and walked to Maggie Moo's for dessert. At 8pm, we'll go to the Chirhart's to watch "Heros" and I believe they have some sort of dessert planned as well. At dinner we talked about names a little. We both really like the name Bennett for a girl, but I'm still a little hesitant thinking it sounds a little choppy with Garrett...."Bennett Garrett"...We're still thinking.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Mary Robert. Onesie huh. I think Andrew should get a matching onesie. With the beard and onesie his look is set.

Kevin

Anonymous said...

You went to Olive Garden!?!?!

Tim, Terre, Ethan and Owen said...

Happy Birthday, Laura & Mary Robert!
-Terre