Sunday, November 29, 2009

Bumps and Bruises

As I was taking the photo above, Claire fell face-forward onto the hardwood floor. I think it traumatized me more than Claire. I scooped her up and hugged her tightly as she cried. The crying didn't last longer than a minute, but the bump on her face became more red and raised as the day progressed. I know it will be the first of many, but it's still painful to think about.


Andrew, Claire, and I went to my aunt and uncle's lake house this afternoon to enjoy the beautiful weather and delicious chili that my aunt and cousin made. My mom, "aunt" Dotty, and "uncle" Greg, were also there and were happily entertained by Claire until she became hungry and tired.

My aunt Jane and Claire look great in red.
My uncle Robbie figured Claire would be most content if she didn't see who was holding her.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I honestly think Claire looks like her Kentucky grandmother. Jill

Anonymous said...

I AM SOOOO HONORED TO BE ON YOUR BLOG!! WE HAD A GREAT TIME SEEING YOU ALL ON SUNDAY!
AUNT DOTTY