Saturday, March 20, 2010

The First 1st Birthday Celebration

My sister and her family will be out of town next weekend, so we had an early birthday party for Claire today.

While Claire is just developing her block stacking skills, her cousin, Alexandra is already a pro.



When Claire was first served cake all she wanted to do was play with it. She removed the plate from underneath and crushed the cake into small bits between her fingers.


When she finally ate it, she couldn't get enough.



An outfit change was necessary after eating cake.

Claire enjoyed playing with my old CareBear, Cabbage Patch Kid, and doll that my mom brought from her house.




The move into our new house starts today! This is the first family photo at our new address.

7 comments:

Mia said...

And a good time was had by all. Mia

Anonymous said...

Looks like a fun party!
And look at the family photo at 318 Jackson Street--I think Molly has the biggest grin of all!
We'll be thinking of you during the big move!
Auntie Ann

Amy Pepper said...

Looks like you all had a wonderful time. I especially love the picture of Claire in her high chair with the big grin on her face as she is eating her cake! YUMMY! Hope the move goes well!

Mary Robert and Andrew said...

I should have titled this the flip-book of Claire's birthday celebration. I couldn't help but to post all of those photos and that was only a small portion of all the ones taken. :)

Anonymous said...

I sure did enjoy my visit last week and finally meeting my niece. She's all I thought she would be and more. Will have to do it again soon...Happy Birthday Claire!
Uncle C

Anonymous said...

Birthday greetings for Claire-#1 More celebrations to come especially when your Granny and Grandpa come at the end of the week. Looks like the cake agreed with you. Wish we could be there to give you lots of hugs and kisses. We'll just have to wait until this summer. Then you'll be able to kiss a tiny little baby too.
Love Auntie Jill

Anonymous said...

Auntie Ann is right. Look at Molly's big grin. How funny.
Auntie Jill