Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Happy 1st Birthday Claire!

Today, I kept recounting to my students the story of having contractions while teaching lab one year ago. I can't believe it has already been a year. Claire has changed so much, it's hard for me to believe she is the same being that was delivered.
This month, like every month, she is developing more personality, skills, and talents. We've stopped counting teeth after molars came in last week. She is not a picky eater and if she's tired while eating, she will rest her head over on her fist casually opening and closing her mouth. She likes to stand and walk around the coffee table, but much prefers walking on her knees. She has become very affectionate dolling out kisses to Andrew, my mom, sister and me.
Tonight I had one of the warmest moments with her. Lately she has been giving some good two-arm hugs, but tonight she topped herself. As I was doing our nightly routine of slow-dancing to music before bed she leaned in for a kiss, then wrapped her two arms around my neck and for the first time her two hands found each other and she squeezed with the most incredible hug. I nearly melted.

1 comment:

Amy Pepper said...

Can't wait to share those moments with my little girl!