Monday, April 23, 2012

Gymnastics Performance


Berea College hires a Danish gymnast to teach classes to college students and coordinate a youth gymnastics program. Claire participated last year, but this year was the first that she joined in for the final performance. She was a little nervous (hence the biting on finger).


Hannah, who is in front of her in line, is one of her good friends in class. Hannah's birthday is only two days after Claire's, so they're sort of birthday buddies. Hannah is the reason I was able to put Claire's hair in a pony tail as we were asked to do.


The Berea Country Dancers performed first.


Then, the 2-5 year old children performed. I should note that Claire's class had not practiced this "performance" prior to the "real thing," so Claire was a little intimidated by the crowd.


She snapped out of it pretty quickly.




Claire and I need to work on our acrobatics a little, but we don't make the best pair with my bad back and Claire's fear of heights.


We had fun anyway. Maybe we can get it down like Hannah and her mom, Stephanie, for next year.


Claire did a somersault (at the left) which was a huge feat since she wouldn't go near the plane-pad last year.




Claire is very fast on the blown-up beam.


She also did a assisted-backwards somersault for the first time during the performance (at right).



Paige and Daddy watched from the bleachers.

1 comment:

Gorham Family said...

Way to go, Claire! I'm impressed that she was willing to try new things in front of an audience. I wish I could have seen it live; it looks like fun!