Monday, January 12, 2009

29 Weeks Tomorrow

As tomorrow marks 29 weeks, I can't help but to think that my mom had my sister and me when she was only 29 weeks along. While I don't think I'm going to have Claire that early, it's hard to believe that if that were the case, I would have a baby THIS WEEK! Claire already weighs more than I did when I was born (2 lbs. 1 oz.).

I just found out that I do not have gestational diabetes, just a very healthy baby. The nurse said my bloodwork looked great. I was trying not to worry too much since I do eat pretty well, walk 3 miles a day, and large babies are not uncommon to our family (Andrew was 10 lbs. 2 oz., my brother Todd was 10 lbs. 8 oz., and my cousin Mary was 10 lbs. 4 oz.(I think)). Even though it might be recommended earlier, Andrew and I wouldn't elect for a C-section prior to 39 weeks. We want Claire to mature as much as possible before she enters the world. I would love for Claire's birth to be natural without any drug intervention, but I'm realistic, so we'll just take it one day at a time.

This past week has been very exciting. Besides viewing the 4D ultrasound (which I'm convinced looks just like Andrew), we received our infant car seat and stroller which somehow make Claire's arrival more of a reality. I have finally experienced relief from my stuffed up nose and chapped lips. The saline nasal spray I've been using for the past few weeks has been wonderful. I can wake up in the early morning and still breathe through my nose. On top of that, I went to the dentist last week and my hygienist gave me a couple sticks of Badger Certified Organic Lip Balm. I had never heard of it before, but it's amazing. This is the first time since I can remember (even pre-pregnancy) that my lips aren't peeling. I love it!

Today's weight = 142 lbs.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You only weighed right at 2 pounds. That 14 ounces would have been appreciated. Momma

Mary Robert and Andrew said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mary Robert and Andrew said...

I confused a 2.14 lbs for 2 lbs 14 oz. Oops. Mother knows best.