Thursday, January 8, 2009

She's a Big Girl!

I just had my 28 week doctor's appointment this morning and Claire's a big girl. Right now she is measuring at 3 lbs. 6 oz. and there's still 12 weeks to go! Dr. LaBarre told us that if it were earlier in the pregnancy he would move the due date to a week earlier, but at this point they just attribute her size to being a big baby. He said that if she continues to grow at this pace, he might recommend an elective C-section some time after 36 weeks. They also did the glucose test and I should get the results today or tomorrow.


She was very active (as always) and did some funny things. We saw her void (tinkle) which the nurse had never seen on an ultrasound. She also was pulling at her umbilical cord like it was a jump rope. We saw a slice of the umbilical cord showing 3 vessels. The doctor said that was a good sign because 90% of babies with a 3-vessel umbilical cord have no heart problems. Her heart was a nice and strong. We saw her in 4D, but she moved so much that the images we got weren't great. He said that she doesn't actually have that much hair, it's just a shadow on her head. At one point she had the umbilical cord on her shoulder, then she moved it off. We saw her open her mouth and smile. Right now she's transverse with her head slightly down. I'm posting all of the images from the 4D ultrasound even though they weren't great, but maybe you can get more from them than we did. Our next appointment is in 2 weeks.




3 comments:

Jamie said...

Yay for a big healthy baby!

She looks so pretty in 4D too. :)

It was fun seeing you all at New Years, hope it won't be as long before your next visit.

Ann Geht said...

That is a beautiful girl! I can't believe how much detail those pictures capture. I wish I could give you and Claire a big hug right now.

DC Nahm said...

I can see that baby! Science, what will you do next? I doesn't look like those internet pictures though.