Monday, April 20, 2009

Claire is Destined for Road Trips

Claire did amazingly well on our 13 hour road trip to Kentucky last week. In fact, she slept the entire time. We had to wake her up to feed her at lunch and dinner because we didn't want her to starve. On the drive I pulled a very risky move. At a gas station, it was time to change Claire's diaper, but it was cold and rainy, so I didn't want to take her out of the car. I also didn't want to leave the door open and change her in the seat, so I did what could have been an unthinkable move and changed her directly in my lap without anything between her diaper and my pants. As I unfastened her diaper and folded it up underneath her, sure enough, she let the flood gates open. Fortunately, the outside of her diaper absorbed the mess and I didn't have to drive the 12.5 hours left in the remnants of her breakfast. Here is a photo of her bundled up for the beginning of our trip when the weather was cool and windy.

Our house-hunting wasn't as successful, but we know a little better about what we want and are keeping our eyes pealed. We're also toying with the idea of building a house. We'll see.

Today was another first in that I wore non-maternity jeans again. Yay! Granted, they've been in the closet for a few years, but they fit.

No comments: