Sunday, November 6, 2011

One Month Old


Wow, one month old. We are loving our family of four. Paige is pretty easy to please and only fussy now and again (usually when she needs to burp). On Thursday night she slept 8 hours straight and 9 hours on Friday night! On nights where she doesn't sleep that long, she still will do 5 or 6 hour stretches, so it's not too bad. Claire is still doing very well and not showing signs of jealousy yet. She likes to help out when she can and I'm managing to do double duty like nurse Paige and read Claire a book at the same time, so Claire doesn't feel left out. We're sure to give Claire her special one-on-one time with each of us. I took her to a volleyball game yesterday and Andrew often takes her to the pet store.


We've tried to take several photos of Paige with her wide eyes, but still haven't gotten a great shot that captures her at her best. I'm working on it.



Claire's best friend, Ainsley, will have her 3rd birthday tomorrow, so we joined her family for a small celebration yesterday. The girls were adorable. They are so comfortable around each other. When we arrived, Claire ran up to Ainsley's mom and my friend, Andrea, to give her a hug and a kiss. If anyone knows Claire, you know that's a big deal because she usually is very shy at first even with close family.





Andrew, Claire, and I got hair cuts today. This was only Claire's second ever. She and I both had 3 inches cut off. Below are her before and after photos. She was so good throughout the entire cut holding very still and just watching. It was so cute.




4 comments:

Jill said...

Hard to believe Paige is already 1 month old. How lucky you are once again in her sleeping abilities. Gives you some sleepy time for yourself which I know you and Andrew need.

Gorham Family said...

Claire's haircut looks really good! I hadn't realized how much she had cut off. Keep trying on those photos of a wide-eyed Paige. I like looking at the attempts!

AE said...

Great haircut Claire! Looks so sophisticated!

5, 6, 8 and 9 hours of sleep!!! That's fabulous--way to go Paige!

Amy Pepper said...

I love Paige's crazy hair. Too funny! And claire's new do looks great too! Love you all!