This morning I shaved my legs for the first time in longer than I'd like to admit. Wow, was that a work-out. I had to take a break in between legs. Not only can I not see the upper portion of my leg, but I have such a difficult time bending down to reach what I can see. I've gained 3 pounds in the last week and I think it has all gone to my belly. I guess the holiday eating has already gotten the best of me. I don't like that women are expected to gain a certain amount of weight (25-35 lbs.). I actually had a retired (in his 80s) adjunct professor last week ask me how much weight I've gained (straight out). When I told him, he said that that was a good amount because you "should only gain 3 times the weight of the baby." I don't think men should have any say in the matter whether they have an MD, PhD, or any other D.
All in all this last week has been good for the baby and me. I've gotten lots of sleep. I do find myself getting winded walking up the three flights of steps to my office at school, but it passes. It was difficult to get comfortable on our 12+ hour drive yesterday, but only one more of those before the baby is born.
Today's weight = 138 lbs. (matching what I weighed for some time in college as the most I've ever weighed)
No comments:
Post a Comment