Claire Easterbrooks arrived on March 24, 2009. Paige Bradley arrived on October 6, 2011
Monday, December 15, 2008
We're Moving to Kentucky!
I didn't feel like I could post anything related to a job search that I've been doing, just in case our friends here at Centenary were reading this blog. Now the word is out and I feel like a weight has been lifted. On top of experiencing pregnancy for the first time this fall, I have been going through the interview process for a position closer to family (unbeknown by our colleagues). I have been offered and have accepted a position at Berea College in Berea, Kentucky! It's a great school with a wonderful mission of which I will proudly be a part. We have been blessed with supportive colleagues and friends here, but we want to be closer to family. I broke the news to my department chair on Sunday who shared that information with my department. This morning I met with the Dean to make sure he heard it straight from me and not through the grapevine. Andrew and I have just told one of our best friends here, Scott, and he was very supportive, encouraging, and congratulated me on the offer. Now I think I might be able to sleep tonight without thinking about what I was going to say to someone or dreaming about one of our colleagues learning of the move and being upset. So, there has been a lot that I've left out of my posts since the beginning of November related to stress and travel, but now it's out in the open. We're really looking forward to this move, but will be sad to leave the great friends we've made in the last year and a half.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
awesome! does that mean i will see ya during the holidays? i know terre is having something the 28th. hope you can be there.
unca john
Post a Comment