Sunday, April 10, 2011

13 Weeks

I've been feeling good this past week. A little nausea from time to time, but nothing memorable. What has been frustrating this past week has had to do with my wardrobe. I don't fit into any of my non-maternity clothing and of my maternity clothes, the pants are either stretched out, so that they keep falling down all day, or are just too big from the start. They also are mostly fall/winter clothing, so last week I ended up wearing corduroy pants in April! So, this morning I did a little shopping for maternity clothes that fit and I love my new outfits. (Notice the tree outside budding for the first time this spring.)

Weekly weight change = +1.5 lbs.
Total weight change = +7.0 lbs.

Claire has been doing some adorable things that I should get on record. Last Thursday when I went to get her up in the morning, she was awake, but not ready to leave her crib. I wasn't in a rush to get to work, so I asked her if she wanted me to come back to get her in a little bit to which she replied, "Yes." Then, as I was walking out of her room she said, "Close the door." It was hilarious! She is two!
Another cute thing she has been doing for a few months now is her response to injuries. For example, if she hits her head she says, "Boo boo on my head. Kiss it." As soon as we kiss it, she replies, "All better." But one day she hit her head really hard and was still whimpering when she replied, "All better." So cute.

Claire loves to read books. Of all of the comments we hear her make, "Claire read a book." "Daddy read a book." and "Momma read a book." are repeated the most. She counts frequently and loves to tell what sound animals make. She repeats almost anything we say (depending on her mood.) She loves being outside more than anything. She will touch everything she can reach. She pets the pedals of flowers, she wipes her hands around in dirt, she picks up acorns, rocks, and sticks. It's adorable.

2 comments:

Carmen said...

She is a doll! I bet she is sooo much fun! You are looking super prego! I'm so happy for you!

Anonymous said...

You look so cute! I love the trees and light effect around little fetus.

Claire you are a beauty and a scholar like your mother--an amazing combination--

Love
Aunt Jennifer