Sunday, April 24, 2011

15 Weeks, Happy Easter!


Well, 15 weeks marks the end of lent, so I fully expect my weight to jump here the next couple of weeks. It has been difficult, but I'm pretty sure that's the point. I'm feeling good and eating a lot of new snacks...rice cakes, soy nuts, Baby Bell cheese, yogurt covered raisins...I was really needing some ideas other than fruits, veggies, and granola bars which I still consume regularly.

Weekly weight change = +2.0 lbs.
Total weight change = +9.0 lbs.

Six years ago on Easter Andrew proposed to me by hiding my engagement ring in a plastic egg in the bottom of my Easter basket. We were married on the Saturday before Palm Sunday a year later. Claire was born two weeks before Easter two years ago. We like to really celebrate Easter because we have so many fond memories around it. This year, when Claire found her Easter basket, she kept saying, "Wow, look at this!" It was adorable. She really got into the egg hunt at church (which was in the Chapel due to rain). Unfortunately, the camera malfunctioned on the way to church, but some friends took some for me that I've included. Claire is wearing a dress that I wore as a child. We'll pull it out again on Mother's Day. Maybe she'll let us put clips in her hair then.




2 comments:

AE said...

I lvoe the fact that she is wearing your childhood dress! How special that is. What a cute Easter basket--so cuddly like a real rabbit. Only the ones in our neighborhood are grey! At yesterday's sunrise service on the town golf course we were serenaded by gobbling wild turkeys and honking geese! Happy Easter.
Auntie Ann

jill said...

Love the bunny basket. Maddie got 2, a yellow duck and pink bunny. I hope you had a nice relaxing time as a family. Just think next year there will be 4 of you. We had fun yesterday suggesting names. Granny will send you the next installment.
Love Jill