This past week has been rough. I've had severe acid reflux at night that has left me with a burning throat and searching for Tums at 2:30am. My ankles and feet have been incredibly swollen to the point that it's painful. My belly and legs itch so intensely that I think I might go crazy. My whole body aches at night when I sleep on one side, then it's the same on the other side. I have definitely transitioned from, "Oh, it's so much fun being pregnant," to "I would really like my body back, please." That being said, I still would like Paige to stay put at least through next week. I have a huge grant proposal that I'm trying to finish and painters are coming to paint the first floor of our house (extreme nesting mode) on Monday and will be here through the week. Paige did get some wonderful gifts at the "Celebration of Motherhood" party last weekend. While she will wear hand-me-downs from time to time, she has a nice assortment of new clothes too.
Weekly weight change = +0.5 lbs.
Total weight change = +34.5 lbs.
Today, Claire is 2.5 years old. She has been so funny lately. She started asking last week what Momma and Daddy's names are. She says, "Andrew" really well, but almost every time she says my name (which is a mouth full) she adds an extra syllable and it comes out, "Mary-ary Robert." It's pretty adorable. When I start complaining about my belly itching she'll ask, "Momma, do you have 'squito bites?" When I reply, "yes" (because I do have them on top of the regular too much estrogen/pregnancy itching), she'll say, "Can I kiss it?" It always makes me feel a little better. She has taken to walking around on her tiptoes all the time which is kind of funny. Maybe it will give her enormous calf muscles some day. I took her to a volleyball match a few weeks ago and she's still talking about it. She has been hitting balloons a lot and saying she's "playing volleyball." Oh it would make her daddy so proud if she played volleyball some day. This weekend we are focusing on Claire knowing that it could be the last where we can do that. She is quite a character and says she's excited to meet Paige.
1 comment:
Hang in there my dear. She will be here soon enough! Love you guys. Can't wait to meet little miss Paige.
Post a Comment