Andrew and I were almost convinced that Paige was going to make an appearance last night. I had some intense contractions for about 3 hours, but they weren't regular. I don't think it will be long though.
At my doctor's appointment this morning, they were concerned about my rash (which is blistering around my ankles) and the size of the baby. They did an ultrasound to see if the baby was big or there was an excess of fluid and it turns out that both are the case. At 37 weeks, 5 days, the baby is measuring 9 lbs. 3 oz. and there is plenty of fluid for her to continue her acrobatics. The dermatologist diagnosed me with contact dermatitis which I guess is better than some alternatives, but no less comfortable. I'm still waiting on the approval of my OB to take an oral Cortizone, but hopefully that will give me some relief.
I think I might be having a September baby after all. I'll keep you updated.
3 comments:
Sept 30th sounds good don't you think for little(rather big little) Paige to arrive. I can only imagine that you are more than ready in many ways. We are all anxiously waiting.
Love to all
Jill
Poor you with the intense rash. It makes me think of Doug's poison oak this summer. I've read that really hot compresses, or ice, might help for a period of time. Good news is that it probably will instantly disappear when Paige is born. Keeping you all in our thoughts...
Ann
Oh Mary Robert....thinking of you my dear! Please, please, please keep us posted. Love you guys tons. Hang in there!
Post a Comment