Sunday, October 19, 2008

Almost 17 Weeks

Not much new this past week. At the beginning, I wasn't sleeping well because I was constantly concerned about doing something wrong for myself or the baby. Several books say that once you get in your 4th month you shouldn't sleep on your back because the extra weight puts too much pressure on your spinal cord. They also say that you should try to avoid sleeping on your right side because it doesn't allow as much blood flow to the placenta. I normally will start off on my left side, but I love to change positions when I wake up in the middle of the night, so that I can fall back asleep. Staying on my left side has left me very sore and tired in the morning. After talking to several other mothers and mothers-to-be (one a biologist), I've decided to try my best and sleep on the left side, but allow myself a little time on the right side, so that I can get a full night's sleep.

Yesterday, Andrew and I spent about an hour at Barnes and Noble looking at baby name books. We both took a book to the lounge chairs and made a list of names we liked without sharing them with each other. We didn't include family names, just names we've heard and liked. After we got home, we shared our lists with each other. Of our lists, we had one girl's name and one boy's name in common. For a boy we both liked Owen and for a girl we both liked Leah. That doesn't mean those are the winners, just in the running. We're still looking for suggestions.

Today's weight = 124.5 lbs.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yea for Leah! It is going to be a girl, so no need to find the boy's name! Haha! Really anything that starts with an "L" is wonderful!

Love,
Laura

Anonymous said...

Mary Robert,

I always sleep on my right side, and did through both pregnancies with my girls. they turned out alright.

Heather in Cincinnati

Anonymous said...

Woody thinks Woody is a good name.