Claire Easterbrooks arrived on March 24, 2009. Paige Bradley arrived on October 6, 2011
Thursday, February 5, 2009
32 Week Check-Up
All went well at my check-up this morning. My blood pressure, measurements, and weight gain are all normal. I don't have significant swelling. Claire's heartbeat is nice and strong and she is already in the head-down position, so I'm hoping she'll stay that way. I asked Dr. LaBarre if he was opposed to natural childbirth and he said that he definitely wasn't in terms of medication, but that the hospital is required to do certain monitoring. I don't have any problem with wearing a fetal monitor, so that's fine with me. He said that Andrew might need ear plugs if I go without an epidural. I told him that I can't scream loudly, so he'll probably be okay. Our next appointment is in two weeks.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
She's coming early. If she is like her mother she is in there with her "bags" packed, plans made, getting a little exercise in and preparing for her first presentation. I can't wait! Momma
Actually it might be the hospital crew that will need the ear plugs as Andrew is a known girly screamer...wait I am thinking of someone...nope, it's definately Andrew.
It's great to hear that you are normal and that things are going well. I agree with Momma. I should remind you that we Garretts have larger than normal heads. The screaming is not the part that you will remember. The squeezing of Andrew's hand will be remembered for eternity. Maybe you could could arrange for an orthopaedic surgeon to observe your staightening of his little finger in the process.
I love that you have been reading up and feel optimistic about a natural childbirth!! LOTS of women do it and love it. I admire that so much.
That being said, I never knew that such horrible pain existed like the kind I had right before my epidural. So keep definitely keep your options open. ;)
Post a Comment