Tuesday, February 17, 2009

34 Weeks!

Wow, I can't believe that in 6 weeks (give or take) we'll be raising a little girl. I think we're still in denial at this point. Yes, we know there is a little one flipping and kicking around in my abdomen, but it's difficult for us to envision this resulting in actually having a baby. This past week I've been feeling wonderful. I've been getting lots of rest. I only walk Molly in the afternoons, but I'm still walking her around 3 miles a day. My legs get sore with too much walking and standing, but other than that, I almost feel normal (i.e. not pregnant), or at least what I remember to be "normal."

There have been many predictions as to when Claire will arrive. At my 36 week appointment I'll have my first internal exam which could give more insight (at least an educated guess) as to when Claire's birthday will be. I thought this would be a good time to take a poll and see when you think Claire will be born. March 17th marks two weeks before the due date, so you can either vote for some day before March 17th, or the weeks leading up to my due date, or a couple of weeks after. As we get closer to the due date, I'll post a day by day poll for more accurate guessing. I won't reveal Andrew's prediction, but I have a feeling it will be April 2nd. I've been a late bloomer my whole life, so I somehow don't think the birth of my first child will be any different, but who knows?

Today's weight = 142 lbs.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I recognize that outfit! I think she will come April 2

Love
Laura

Anonymous said...

Claire's Haiku

Hello there big world.
I'm Claire Easterbrooks Garrett.
I will meet you soon.

My mommy's so warm,
she's loving and very safe.
But Daddy can't wait.

I need to stretch out,
to find out what is out there.
God's promise for me.

Scholar or runner,
who knows what I will pursue?
But a baby first.

Retired. Now what? said...

Mary Robert and Andrew,

I just saw your mom and she gave me this link and I sent it to Jen. It's great! 3/17 is the birthday of my great nephew, my niece's little guy. So, with that in mind, that would be my vote....early, but who knows. You look great! Best wishes!

Mrs. Riley