Tuesday, February 24, 2009

35 Weeks!

Not only does today mark 35 weeks, but it also marks the last day I'll be eating sweets until Easter. I've always given up eating sweets for lent (except for one year in high school that I gave up watching television and UK won the NCAA championship, but I couldn't watch. Actually, I blame lent for my dress nearly falling off of me during our wedding, since the big day was one week before Easter. My seamstress told me two days prior to the wedding that I needed to eat lots of sweets and gain two to three pounds for my dress to fit correctly.) Soon after we found out that I was pregnant, I was already looking to the future lent that would take place during pregnancy and thought I may not give up anything this year. After all, I've already given up several foods and drinks such as wine, beer, raw sushi, brie, and other delicacies that I love for 35 weeks now. As Mardi Gras grew closer, I began to change my mind and think, "Why not? I've done it before, I can certainly do it again." The trick to a successful start is to eat so much junk beforehand that the thought of processed sugar makes you sick. That lasts for maybe 3 days to a week, but it gets the ball rolling. So as of tomorrow, no candy, cake, pie, cookies, sugary cereals, syrup, etc.

One change this past week is that I've had to quit wearing my engagement ring. This saddened me since I've worn it for almost 4 years now (exactly on March 27th). I did however get my wedding band a half size larger for just this reason. Normally my wedding band is very loose, but my engagement ring keeps it on. Now, I can't wear my engagement ring, but there is plenty of room in my wedding band. I'm hoping it's enough room. With the swelling of my hands, they feel very sore all day long. I feel like I have arthritis. My dexterity is pathetic. My feet are also sore, but I can't tell that they're swollen yet. I know the days of sausage toes will come soon though. Other than that, I feel great. I'm getting lots of rest. It does hurt that I get the whole week of Mardi Gras off (one perk of living in Louisiana).

Today's weight = 142.5 lbs.

No comments: