Claire Easterbrooks arrived on March 24, 2009. Paige Bradley arrived on October 6, 2011
Thursday, February 19, 2009
34 Week Check-Up
My check-up this morning went well. I haven't gained any weight since my last visit 2 weeks ago which they said is fine. My measurements and blood pressure are right on track and Claire's heartbeat sounds great. Dr. LaBarre said that he delivered a baby this morning that was 37 weeks along and only 5 lbs. 10 oz. because of some blood pressure problems the mom was having. He jokingly said that it looked like Claire was already 5 lbs. 10 oz., but we'll get a better idea of her size in the last month. I also asked him if he thought I was destined to have a c-section based on my body shape. He said that it really has to do with the opening of your pelvic bone so he might have a better idea in two weeks when we start the internal exams. I told him how my sister was induced, then had to have her water broken, then after many hours of labor and a couple of hours of pushing, she had to have a c-section. (Laura, feel free to post the actual details if you'd like. I think I remember them, but I don't want to tell it incorrectly.) With that in mind, I want to go as long as I can without an epidural, but I'm flexible and will do what is best for Claire and me. He asked how I felt about induction and I told him that I wasn't interested in it right now. Who knows? Everything could change in two weeks.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I am sure you remember it well. It was 16 hours of labor, two hours of pushing and the resulting c-section.....I am sure you will have an easier time and Claire will cooperate better.
Love,
Laura
Post a Comment