Since the holidays, my weight has maintained around 142 lbs. I've read that I'm supposed to be gaining about a pound a week and that during this time is when the baby gains most of her weight. I'm trying to not be too concerned that I'm not racking up numbers, but it's not easy. I'm still doing my normal routine, but since I've been sick I've been too tired to walk Molly. I continue to eat my requisite 8pm bowl of ice cream (which won't be a luxury once lent starts). At every doctor's appointment there has been a net gain from 0.5 to 2 lbs (over 2 weeks) and they don't seem to be worried. I can tell that Claire is growing because her movements are often off the Richter scale. Isn't this awful though? Months ago I was so worried that I was gaining too much weight and now I'm worried that I'm not gaining enough. I'm sure that when I'm pregnant with Claire's little brother or sister, I'll be much more relaxed about all of these aspects, but right now it's uncharted territory for me, so it's a little unnerving. I only want what is best for Claire.
Today's weight = 142.5 lbs.
1 comment:
I actually started LOSING weight at the end of my pregnancy. PLUS my belly was measuring 4cm smaller than what it was "supposed" to. Needless to say, I was a wreck. However, my care providers weren't worried, and sure enough, Elaina was 7lbs 1 oz- a very healthy size! I completely understand your feelings... it's hard not to worry about every little thing! Best wishes in these last few weeks!
Post a Comment