My energy level has definitely dropped. Some days of the week I'll sleep later and walk Molly in the afternoon. I know I'm supposed to get as much sleep as I can right now which is a little difficult when I teach a class on Monday, Wednesday, and Fridays at 8am. Mondays are especially tough with a lab in the afternoon from 2-5pm. On days that I don't teach lab, Andrew and I come home early and I try to take a nap before dinner.
I've been reading more about labor and delivery this past week and it actually makes me more excited for Claire's birth. I know it will be painful, but I'm really hoping to have a natural childbirth. I've been reading on stretches that I can do that may (this hasn't scientifically been proven) put Claire in the best position for a natural birth. I've also read that women who experience pain more often, might have an easier time managing the contractions without medication. I've had lower back problems for over 10 years now with almost daily pain, so maybe that burden will actually work in my favor. With all of that being said, I won't feel like any less of a person if I find that I need medication. Every birth is different, every mother's body is different, so I'll do what works best for Claire and me.
Today's weight = 143 lbs.
No comments:
Post a Comment