
I have to admit that I went into freak-out mode this past week. Even after finding out that I was 0 cm dilated on Thursday, I went into overdrive. I had a lot of grading and course prep that I felt needed to get finished before Claire's arrival. I feel like she could come at any point. I've been feeling a lot of pressure in my lower abdomen since my last appointment. She has been so active that I'm convinced she is planning an escape route as we speak. I'm just hoping it's a quick one. I have to grade notebooks and lab exams today and tomorrow, but then I'm pretty set for the next two weeks if she decides to make an early appearance. Of course as soon as I say that, she'll come tomorrow. I actually thought for a moment last night that my water had broken. Really it was just a combination of 80 degree weather, stubbornness toward using the AC when the high on Thursday is supposed to be 48 degrees, and sleeping with a piddle-pad under my fitted sheet. (For those who aren't dog owners, the piddle-pad has a layer of cotton that is backed with a plastic. It's soft, but insulating.) Anyway, no amniotic fluid, just sweat (and not that much, but I don't really know what I'm looking for as a first time mom).
Today's weight = 143 lbs.
No comments:
Post a Comment