Tuesday, March 24, 2009

39 Weeks!

I'm running on very little sleep right now. Last night/early this morning, I was certain we would be frantically rushing to the hospital. On top of the muscle soreness/stretching that I've been experiencing (that has gotten progressively worse since Friday), I had some very uncomfortable and constant Braxton Hicks contractions between midnight and 2am this morning. I've been having false labor contractions very regularly throughout the day, but there hasn't been discomfort associated with them. This time they radiated from my lower back and it didn't help that Claire was incredibly active in between them. In addition to those two hours of wakefulness and wondering, "Is this it," I had a record-breaking bathroom visit count--5 times! Anyway, I've thrown my planning ahead out the window. After I get through lab this afternoon, I don't care when she comes. In fact, tonight would work out great for Andrew and me!

Today's weight = 141.5 lbs.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's so exciting! I'll keep looking for the "It's time!" post.

:)

I hope everything goes smoothly...

Anonymous said...

She's just preparing you for sleepless nights ahead. All normal pre delivery things which helps you in the long run. Hang in there, the fun has only just begun.