Sunday, March 22, 2009

Pampering and Preparing

Yesterday, I treated myself to a pedicure. Now I have some bright, red toe nails to show off at the hospital. It felt wonderful. I was hoping for a massage too, but they were booked. Andrew and I also saw a movie and we're going to watch one today as well.

I think I might be making some progress towards labor. I've been noticing some unusual stretching pains the last couple of days. Maybe I'm just making it all up in my head, but at this point, I wouldn't be surprised if Claire did arrive in March. It's funny because I'll go between phases of getting about 2 weeks ahead at work, thus ready for her arrival, but then, once I get to the end of those two weeks, I want her to stay put. Right now, our colleagues have gone to Salt Lake City for the National American Chemical Society (ACS) meeting, so Andrew and I are the only faculty/staff in the chemistry department. If something were to happen today, no one would be on the third floor of Mickle Hall tomorrow. Because Andrew will be taking over my labs on Monday and Tuesday afternoons, there wouldn't be anyone there to take over for him, so right now, I want Claire to wait. We have a candidate coming to teach my class on Monday, the 30th, and with the closing of our house on Tuesday, the 31st, I would really prefer that she wait until after April 1st. Of course you can't plan the birth of your child and we'll be thrilled any time she decides to make an appearance. Andrew isn't concerned about work and just wants Claire here.

No comments: