Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Mountain Day

Berea College celebrates the first Wednesday of October as Mountain Day. Classes are canceled and several events including meals, hikes, games and music are organized only 2 miles down the road from campus at Indian Fort Mountain (or "the Pinnacles" to locals). This is one of my favorite holidays. It's great to get the students and community out to the Mountain to take in our beautiful surroundings. I love the view from the mountain tops. It gives me a refreshed feeling and makes me so happy to be alive. For this Mountain Day, I may just be taking it easy at home though. This time tomorrow (at 39 weeks exactly) I will be the mother of two wonderful daughters. I am so excited to welcome another child into this world, but a little anxious about the surgery. Not that I haven't been through a few other surgeries, but that doesn't really make them that much easier. Tonight my mom and sister will come over and spend the night. Andrew and I have to be at the hospital at 6am tomorrow (Pattie A. Clay Hospital in Richmond, KY, only 10 min. down the interstate), so they will drop Claire off at daycare tomorrow before heading to the hospital. The surgery isn't scheduled until 8am (EST), so that means 5am for our PST family. They said my recovery time will be at least an hour, but we will update everyone as soon as we can.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We hope all goes well for all of you, and look forward to meeting Paige for the first time. It is great that Mia (Paige) will be there for your big day. Take care.
Love,
Brian